Bathroom Vanity: Montréal Edition
This post is meant to be somewhat of a sneak peek for what's to come, but hey, it's also an updated bathroom skincare routine-ish? I'm not quite sure but let's get on with it.
I know I've literally just posted my skincare routine and I don't usually change my skincare much until I run out of the products but the sight of fancy new products from the NYC Sephora was too much for me. I couldn't resist! Ask the bf, I literally went in at least once every single day I was there. To my defence, these are things that I have been meaning to buy but could not get my hands on in the UK or Indonesia (without crazy duty prices and growing beards just waiting for the package).
Starting from the top left-right, then bottom left-right, here are the products that I've got sitting in my Montréal condo bathroom vanity.
- Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Cleansing Oil: This is a very nice cheap-treat for your skin. If you are familiar with the Shu Uemura cleansing oils, this works the same way, except I think it's even better (and cheaper).
- Pai Bioregenerative Rosehip Oil: This was already part of my skincare routine, which you can see here.
- Hylamide SubQ Eyes and SubQ Anti-Age: The serum duo that I've been loving. Also just did a review on it that you can see here.
- Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense: Oh my god. I finally got my hands on these. It's only available in the US due to laws on sunscreen yada yada but I have it! This is a pretty simple, straightforward physical sunscreen that does not leave a white cast–an impressive feat considering its 20% zinc oxide content.
- Kaia Naturals Takesumi Detox Deodorant in Juicy Bamboo: This has become my everyday staple now, I don't even smell at all! Read my detox journey here.
- IGK Rich Kid Coconut Oil Gel: I've always loved having volume and grit in my stick-straight, often overly silky hair. This works so much better than any other product I've tried (Some Bumble and Bumble stuff and a bunch others) and I've been having very sultry, editorial-looking hair, I love it!
- LUSH Angels on Bare Skin: Something I brought along from the UK and is also my favourite face cleanser at the moment. Part of my skincare routine here.
- Herbivore Botanicals Moon Fruit: This was an impulse buy purely so I can try out something from Herbivore Botanicals, as embarrassing as it is to say. This however, has been a really fun nighttime face cream with a really unique scent to it (I think mine is Lavender + Sweet Orange?). As for its results, I will update you with a full review once I've used the product enough.
- Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream: I was looking for a new moisturiser as I was running out of my Trilogy one and had left it in England. I would say its been working really well and the texture is a delight to use! Again, review coming up when I've used the product for longer.
- Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint in Medium: I was skeptical about this skin tint at first and thought it was just hyped up because it was from Glossier. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I have been liking it so far! Review of some Glossier products I bought coming up!
- Ettusais Lip Essence Deep Moist: This has got to be my 10th tube of this stuff. It's a really gloopy, sticky lip gloss-like lip balm, but works really well overnight. Think of it as a lip mask. I've never had problems with chapped lips if I wake up with this on.
- Glossier Generation G Lipstick in Crush: Matte and sheer doesn't usually go together but this lipstick works! It gives that nice stained lip effect that's really effortless. Not the most moisturising though.
- Lipstick Queen Saint Nude: My cannot-live-without lipstick. I just have to have this with me. I lost it once and bought it first thing in the morning the next day. I just cant. be. without.
- Glossier Boy Brow in Brown: I thought nothing could replace my love for the Benefit Gimme Brow but damn do I love this brow gel. It's super natural and gives me such a nice, full brow.