If you know me, you know I don't wear much makeup on a daily basis–at least I try not to look like I do. I'm all about the "no-makeup look" and have always looked for even more ways to perfect it. I think, throughout the years, I've gotten so good at it that I've gotten scared of looking like I actually have makeup on. I then went on a constant pursuit of wearable "makeup" makeup. That's how I created this look.
My very kind and gracious mother ordered Colourpop's Jenn Ne Sais Quoi quad and my lovely friend Vidya brought it to the UK for me. Jenn Im is my idol, especially being someone with asian heritage too, so clearly, I needed to have the quad even though it is now already (and very sadly) discontinued. The colours in the quad are very warm neutrals that lean more on the earthy side of brown. It also has a beautiful brownish red that I am still figuring out how to use properly but I think I used it well as an accent colour in my crease, warming up the area.
This look is very warm and wearable, perfect for cold, wintry days.
- NIOD Photography Fluid Opacity 12%: Great luminous base that works as a skin filter. See my full review here.
- Milk Makeup Sunshine Skin Tint in Sand: Also did a review on this one here. A great lightweight foundation for skin that just needs evening out.
- RMS "Un" Cover-Up in 22: Favorite can't-live-without concealer.
- Benefit Goof Proof Eyebrow Pencil in 6: A great no-fuss eyebrow pencil that fills and defines. An easy pencil for newbies like me.
- Urban Decay Anti-aging Primer Potion: To prime and help my eyeshadow pop.
- Colourpop Jenn Ne Sais Quad*: Beautifully rich and warm browns. I think Charlotte Tilbury's The Dolce Vita eyeshadow palette is a nice alternative (although at a much higher price)
- L'oreal Volume Million Lashes in Waterproof Black: My favourite mascara for clean, defined, and curled lashes.
- Heroine Make Liquid Eyeliner in Black: Nothing beats this thing when it comes to liquid liners. It's super smooth, stupidly waterproof, and really easy to get right (which, if you use liquid liners, you know is a huge plus).
- RMS Contour Bronze: A lovely natural contour cream with subtle dimension which helps it look like its actually your skin and not some weird ashy thing sitting on your cheeks.
- Becca Moonstone Glow on the Go Collection: This set has Becca's famous shimmering skin perfectors in the liquid and pressed version in its cult status shade "moonstone". I love layering these two for when I want a really poppin' highlight. Not for everyday, but I do enjoy them.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in Light Bronzer: It's worth noting that this bronzer is quite light but does work very well as a warming veil. I used this on my cheeks instead of blush to add some warmth. Also, the shade Light Bronzer and Bronzer isn't all that different, so if you're someone with a little bit more colour to your complexion, maybe this isn't for you.
- Bare Minerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor in Friendship: This has just recently got to UK shelves and I was instantly smitten. I'm not big on liquid lipsticks but I keep wanting to look for one that works for me. This has got to be one of them. It's nice and matte without being drying, it stays on and wears gracefully, unlike a lot of others that give me butthole lips.